I am currently still seeing patients over the lockdown which is in line with government guidance as acupuncture provides a medical or health service. The British Acupuncture Council have recommended we continue to see patients who require "Urgent care" or are "high needs". I will assess each patient on a case by case basis, so please get in touch with me so I can find out more about your current situation and we can discuss a treatment plan.
- All patients will be emailed a screening form the day before their appointment which needs to be completed, signed and dated and emailed back prior to coming into the clinic.
- For the safety of all, I request that no clients with active coughs, sneezing or fever books an appointment and that they will unfortunately be turned away. Hayfever sufferers should contact me in advance.
- You will need to contact me if you develop the virus symptoms as per the government guidelines or have a confirmed diagnosis within 48 hours of leaving my practice.
MASKS/TOWELS & OTHER PROCEDURES
- My usual standards of handwashing/sanitising as per the BAcC guidelines will be adhered to.
- If possible, please could you take a photo of your tongue in good daylight to avoid me having to look into your mouth.
- Patients will be asked to wash their hands immediately upon entering the clinic.
- Hand sanitiser, disinfected wipes, thermometers and antibacterial hand wash will be available.
- I will wear a protective mask or face shield if necessary.
- Patients will be asked to bring their own mask or can be provided with a mask on entering the clinic.
- All soft furnishings, couch covers, rugs etc have been removed.
- All blankets/towels are single use and washed at 60° after use in line with the government guidelines however ideally please bring your own towel with you.
- To minimise contact with others, appointments will be spaced out between patients to allow for greater time for cleaning between clients.
- New patients will be able to complete their information patient forms at home to minimise waiting room time and initial consultations will be available to be done online (if requested).
- You are encouraged to come to the clinic on your own if possible, ideally avoiding public transport. Please limit the items that you bring into the clinic.
- Payment by bank transfer prior to your appointment is preferable however I continue to accept cash.
If you have any questions about the above, please feel free to ask.